For an arrest warrant search in Wood County, you will need to shell out a small fee whether you approach a government agency or use the services of a private information vendor. Those of you, who are only interested in online inquiries on active warrants from WV, will have to take their business to third-party agencies.
These sites frequently keep information on arrest records and outstanding warrants from Wood County and the country’s rest. Undoubtedly one of the more convenient options to get details on crime history, these private establishments charge a small fee for their services.
However, the reports they furnish cannot be used for official reasons like procuring employment or as a basis for adoption checks or immigration. If this is the purpose of your search, it would be best to connect with one of the local justice agencies; these work out of:
- Law enforcement agency: 401 Second Street, Suite 11, Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101
- The county magistrate: 208 Avery St, Parkersburg, WV 26101
- The clerk of court: PO Box 1474, Parkersburg, West Virginia 26102
While all three agencies are adept at handling requests for arrest warrant-related information, each department has its own specialty when responding to such inquiries. For instance, the sheriff’s office is unarguably the best option for crime-related data, including generic stuff like a most wanted list.
In contrast, the court’s office clerk, which is home to the court dockets database, is the right place for a combined criminal and civil inquiry. Not the one to be left behind, the magistrate’s office can furnish information on the issue of all legal provisions, including bench warrants, search orders, and active warrants for arrests.
What Wood County agency should you approach for an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry? (Update: 2021)
- To learn about recent arrests, contact the North Central Regional Jail at 304-873-2694.
- To request an accident report, arrest records, and an incident report, contact Sheriff’s Office at 304-424-1834.
- To know about County arrest warrants, call the judiciary at 304-422-3444.
- To request information on victim and witness program, call the County Attorney’s Office at 304-424-1776.
- To begin a criminal case search, contact the Clerk of Court at 304-424-1700.
Crime statistics of Wood County
In 2019, over 590 crimes were reported in Wood County. Of these, nearly 490 were property crimes, and around 100 were violent crimes. That was an increase of 60% from the 369 complaints filed in 2018.
Property crimes included nearly 292 larceny-theft cases and over 145 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 90 instances of aggravated assault, 10 cases of rape, and 4 of robbery.
Earlier crime rates
Although 10,000 criminal cases per year are not the lowest annual crime average, Wood County seems to be a safe place compared to some other WV geographical divisions. However, this may not be the case for too long, given the 30% rise in violent crime incidents and the growth of over 20% in reported crime.