When you look for an arrest warrant search in Jackson County, WV, you are bound to come across other legal orders issued in the subject’s name. Typically, an inquiry of this nature will also reveal details on the release of the criminal summons and bench warrants. In fact, with a bit of effort, you could also find the subpoenas issued to call this person to court.
However, you need to know that Jackson County active warrants are poles apart from any other judicial directive. The non-restrictive nature of arrest warrants sets them apart from other legal orders like bench warrants and the like. When issued in case of severe misdemeanors and felonies, directives for arrests stay valid for almost 100 years and across the state’s geographical boundaries in which they were issued.
Once an outstanding warrant is served, the police keep details on the detention in their arrest records. This information is also relayed to the judiciary by the return of the order. At this point, the magistrate’s office and the county clerk also note the detention and get ready for the bail hearing. In the meanwhile, the offender is kept in police custody.
When the case goes to trial, information on the tribunal proceedings, including the verdict, sentencing, and incarceration, is also filed in the court dockets database. You can access this repository by visiting the office of the clerk of court. Also, you can get civil case records from this department. The addresses of the agencies discussed in this article are given below:
- The office of the sheriff: PO Box 106, Ripley, West Virginia 25271
- The court of the magistrate: 214 W Main St, Ripley, WV 25271
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 427, Ripley, West Virginia 25271
How do you obtain details pertaining to Jackson County warrants and arrests? (Revised in 2021)
- For details about arrests and inmates, contact the Jackson County Jail at 304-373-2290.
- For an arrest report and incident/accident records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 304-373-2280.
- For details pertaining to outstanding warrants, call the Court of the Magistrate at 304-373-2313.
- For seeking victim’s assistance, call the County Attorney’s Office at 304- 373-2270
- For judicial records inquiries, call the Clerk of Court at 304-373-2210.
Crime statistics of Jackson County
In 2019, 70 criminal complaints were filed in Jackson County. About 25 of them were for property crimes like larceny-theft (14), burglary (7), and car thefts (5). There were 41 cases of serious assault and 3 cases of rape among the 44 complaints filed in the category of violent crimes.
Earlier crime rates
With 200 annual complaints, the crime rate of Jackson County, West Virginia, is at the lower end of the incident rate spectrum. However, since 2002, there has been a rise of well over 50% in criminal reporter activity and a consequent advancement of over 65% in the violent crime rate, which may prove to be the game-changer in the future.