Getting an arrest warrant search done in Hardy County, WV, is more straightforward than in most other state areas. The sheriff’s office offers a list of all outstanding warrants issued by the local courts through their website. Although a formal inquiry into arrest records and active warrants will get you more extensive results, using the list would be a good starting point.
Some of the entries in the PDF file at http://hardycounty.com/files/documents/OutStanding-Warrents-8-2013.pdf go back to 1995, so it would be safe to assume that the department has listed all pending arrest warrants from Hardy County in this list. The information offered includes the defendant’s name, the offense he is being accused of, and the date on which the active warrant was issued.
If you were to take your inquiry to any of the agencies listed below, you would also be able to find out about the Hardy County arrest records in the name of your subject as well along with information on criminal matters where the court verdict has already been delivered and even those cases in which the sentence has been served.
To connect with state departments for details on warrants and arrests, you will have to drive down to their office in person or write to them. A form will have to be filled and sent with the applicable fees, which is seldom more than a few dollars.
- Law enforcement: Courthouse – Ground Floor, 204 Washington St, Moorefield, West Virginia 26836
- Judiciary: 204 Washington St, Moorefield, WV 26836
- County clerk: PO Box 540, Moorefield, West Virginia 26836
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Hardy County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- To get information about arrests (last 24 hours), call the Potomac Highlands Regional Jail at 304-496-1275.
- For an arrest report or any other police report from the Sheriff’s Office, contact the agency at 304-530-0222.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court via phone at 304-530-0212.
- To access information about victim’s rights, advocacy and assistance, contact the DA’s Office at 304-530-0200
- To access arrest records and police reports from Moorefield PD, contact local law enforcement office at 304-530-1777.
- To learn more about how to get criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 304-530-0230.
Crime Statistics of Hardy County.
The 46-incident annual crime average of Hardy County for 2019 does not evoke concern at first. But, a worrisome trend emerges upon closer scrutiny. Even in 2018, the violent crime rate of the area was at par with the property crime rate, both offense categories contributing an average of 18 cases to the annual total.
However, in 2019, the violent crime rate soared to 33 incidents. This was almost twice the rate of property offenses, which brought in 13 complaints. All the cases filed in the violent crimes category were attributed to assault.
Earlier crime rates
In Hardy County, West Virginia, the sheriff’s office processes suspects in about 70 cases each year. Of all the complaints lodged with the police, about 20% are made against violent crimes. Over the nine years that started in 2001 and ended in 2008, violent crime numbers have grown by almost 30%, while overall criminal activity has shown a rise of nearly 70%.