In Pleasants County, WVan arrest warrant search can be sought from the local sheriff’s records divisions. This is the branch of the agency which handles the dissemination of crime history data. They receive requests for details on outstanding warrants and arrest records from civilians and other law enforcement agencies.
Although this division stores the bulk of the police’s criminal history data, they do not file the petition to release arrest warrants with local tribunals. This is the responsibility of the court services division. After an investigation in a criminal matter reaches its logical conclusion and the possible perpetrator’s name emerges, the police will either make arrests immediately if the crime is a felony or seek an arrest warrant from the court.
It is also the norm to go for Pleasants County active warrants when not enough is known about the suspect. The process for issuing arrest warrants involves the magistrate’s participation, the sheriff’s department, and the county clerk’s office. Hence all three agencies are in a position to accept PleasantsCounty warrant search requests. There are two options provided to get in touch with these departments. You can send your inquiries through mail or visit the agency office personally.
- The office of the sheriff: 301 Court Lane Rm 102, St Marys, West Virginia 26170
- The court of the magistrate: 301 Court Ln, St Marys, WV 26170
- The department of the county clerk: 301 Court Lane, Room 101, St. Marys, West Virginia 26170
You can also find details on arrests and warrants through third-party services like those connected to this site. For this, you will need to fill the form posted on top of the page.
Over the phone, how can you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Pleasants County? (2021-current)
- To get information on recent arrests, contact the North Central Regional Jail at 304-873-2694.
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court at 304-684-7197.
- To get help for victims, dial the phone number of the County Attorney’s Office at 304-684-2202.
- To seek judicial records and a case search, approach the Clerk of Court at 304-684-3513.
- To request police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 304- 684-2285.
Crime statistics of Pleasants County
In 2019, Pleasants County recorded a violent crime rate of 0.54 incidents/1000 residents. This was an improvement of nearly 30% as compared to the annual average of 2018, which stood at 0.8 incidents/1000 persons. The rate of property crime showed a similar decrease, with an annual average of 1.34 cases/1000 people in 2019.
Earlier crime rates
With an annual crime average of fewer than 20 incidents, it is no wonder that Pleasants County, West Virginia, is in the group of state areas with the lowest crime rates. The index of violent crimes is higher for this county than the others at nearly 25% of the yearly crime total. Unfortunately, the situation seems to be worsening with a growth of 100% registered in violent criminal occurrences and a rise of 180% seen in reported criminal activity.