In Ritchie County, WV, an arrest warrant search is made possible through the police and the judiciary’s joint efforts. Both branches of the state’s justice mechanism work towards processing adult offenders in the area, controlling crime, and maintaining community safety. The dissemination of crime history data among residents is one way to ensure that people are given the means to keep criminal elements at bay.
To this effect, applicants who launch an inquiry to find out about the active warrants from Ritchie County issued in the name of a subject are also told about the arrest records against this individual. So, the response not only deals with cases that are still under trial or investigation but also matters that have already been disposed of by the courts.
If you find an outstanding warrant from Ritchie County against the subject of your inquiry, the chances are that he will be taken into custody very soon. However, it would be incorrect to assume that arrests always occur within a few hours or days of the warrant’s release. Although this is usually the case with active warrants connected with severe misdemeanors and felonies, detention directives linked to minor infractions are generally put on the back burner.
Fortunately, when you launch an inquiry into the release of decrees for arrests, you will be given information on outstanding and bench warrants and even criminal summons. To get your warrant search underway, you can visit one of the state agencies listed below:
- The sheriff: 109 North St, Harrisville, West Virginia 26362
- The magistrate: 319 E Main St, Harrisville, WV 26362
- The clerk of court: 115 Courthouse, Room 201, Harrisville, West Virginia 26362
How do you get information about Ritchie County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department at 304-643-2262 if you want to access arrest records.
- Call the North Central Regional Jail at 304-873-2694 if you’re looking for information on recent arrests.
- Contact the Magistrate’s Court at 304-643-4409 if you are interested in a warrants search.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 304-643-2164, ext. 1 or 128, if you are keen on accessing criminal case records.
- Contact the District Attorney’s Office at 304- 643-2164 Ext. 2 if you need information on victim support.
Crime statistics of Ritchie County
The violent crime rate of Ritchie County held at the 0.73 incident level (per 1000 residents) through 2018 and 2019. However, the property crime rate increased by almost 50%, going from an annual average of 6.77 incidents/1000 persons to well above 9 incidents/1000 persons in 2019.
Earlier crime rates
Between 2003 and 2007, less than 60 instances of crime were reported in Ritchie County, West Virginia, every year. Although less than 10% of these incidents were violent, a worrisome trend emerged when the area of occurrence was compared. It was found that in almost half the cases, the victim was targeted within a one-mile radius of his home or workplace.