Most people will tell you that getting an arrest warrant search in Wirt County, WV, done is far more tedious than looking for public records. Although the police and the judiciary allow crime history inquiries, they are very strict about the code used to disseminate such data. This is done with the singular purpose of ensuring that the information does not fall into the wrong hands.
To this end, applicants are called in to file requests for inquiries into the issue of arrest warrants. Also, you will be allowed to send the details required to initiate the search through the mail. In either case, you will be charged a small fee for the services offered. This goes towards the maintenance of the database and for paying the staff that handles your inquiries.
Suppose you approach one of the departments listed ahead in person. In that case, you can expect to find out about the arrest records and Wirt County outstanding warrants in the subject’s name within a couple of minutes of showing up at the agency office. However, inquiries sent through the mail will typically take about a week or more to be handled.
The fastest way to get results about Wirt County arrests and active warrants is through private agencies. These work through their websites; hence the response to warrant searches is delivered almost instantly to the applicant’s screen. To connect with a reliable third-party information seller, you can fill the form above. If you want to approach a state agency, use the addresses below:
- The sheriff’s department: PO Box 669, Elizabeth, West Virginia 26143
- The magistrate’s court: 1 Court St, Elizabeth, WV 26143
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 53, Elizabeth, West Virginia 26143
- Active warrants: http://warrants.wirtcountysheriff.com/
Is it possible to get a hold of Wirt County’s warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (At the time of writing, 2021)
- Contact the North Central Regional Jail at 304-873-2694 in order to know about recent arrests.
- Reach out to the Sheriff’s Office at 304-275-4222 for arrest records and incident reports.
- Reach out to the County Attorney’s Office at 304-275-8901 for victim’s assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court at 304-275-6597 for information on how to begin a criminal case search.
- Reach out to the Magistrate’s Court at 304-275-3642 for a warrants search.
Crime statistics of Wirt County
The Sheriff’s Office of Wirt County handled approximately 36 criminal matters in 2019. Of the complaints filed, more than 20 were against property crimes, while the rest were against violent crimes.
Instances of burglary had the highest occurrence rate at 12 complaints/annum, while larceny-theft cases came in a close second, with 8 cases filed yearly against such crimes.
Earlier crime rates
Although the annual crime rate of Wirt County, West Virginia, stands at less than 30 incidents, there has been a significant increase in the figures of violent crimes in the area. Over the three years from 2004 to 2006, the violent crime rate has almost doubled compared to the nearly 20% drop seen in reported criminal activity.