The magistrate’s court has limited criminal and civil jurisdiction, and as such, the issue of active warrants is left at the discretion of this branch of the judiciary. Hence, to seek an arrest warrant search in Marion County, WV, it would be most appropriate to contact this agency. The magistrate’s court also has the authority to release other judicial directives.
For instance, search orders, bench warrants, and criminal summons also come from this source. So, apart from arrest warrants, you can also find information on these judicial decrees through the magistrate’s court. The office also maintains information on arrest records from Marion County.
On its part, the county clerk also plays a crucial role in the area’s judicial makeup. The clerk of court and his deputies have been put in charge of maintaining the court dockets database. This is a central, civil, and criminal court records repository that details every matter that the judiciary has ever heard.
Of course, it would be wrong to ignore the sheriff’s office when looking for information on Marion County’s active warrants and arrests. After all, this agency has the task of serving all outstanding warrants, procuring these detention directives, and processing the offenders upon arrest. To put it simply, you can approach any of these three justice agencies for your warrant search. However, if you need additional information, you will need to pick the source after due consideration. These offices are located at:
- The Police: PO Box 1348, Fairmont, West Virginia 26554
- The court: 217 Adams St, Fairmont, WV 26554
- The clerk of court: PO Box 1267, Fairmont, West Virginia 26554
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Marion County? (2021- Update)
- Contact the non-emergency dispatch phone line of the Marion County Sheriff for general inquiries- 304-367-5468.
- Contact the Records Clerk for arrest records, incident and accident reports – 304-367-5307
- Contact the North Central Regional Jail to access prisoner records and for inmate searches-304-873-2694
- Contact the Magistrate’s Court for details on arrest warrants- 304-367-5330.
- Contact the Clerk of Court for a case search- 304-367-5360.
- Contact the County Attorney’s Office to get help for crime victims- 304-367-5380
Crime statistics of Marion County
In 2019, the annual crime rate of Marion County was 211 instances. There were 103 violent crimes and 108 property crimes among the reported offenses.
The number of complaints about aggravated assaults was the highest in the violent crime category, at 92. Larceny theft was the most common property crime, with 69 reports. Burglary complaints, which accounted for nearly 30 incidents, came in second.
Earlier crime rates
In the ten years from 1999 onwards, approximately 4000 crimes were reported in Marion County, West Virginia. Of these cases, almost 10% were violent criminal acts, including a murder at 30 instances and rape at 390. Through the decade, there was a rise of nearly 40% in the rate of violent criminal acts.