You should conduct an arrest warrant search in Nicholas County, WV, when you need details on any criminal occurrences that your subject was involved in. Even a crime that is several years old will find a mention in the background report offered in response to such inquiries. In essence, you could find information on the release of active warrants and bench orders for detention and arrest records from the search.
The police and the judiciary are equipped to handle such inquiries. While the three state agencies that come in the bracket of justice departments respond to these searches with information on crime history, the county clerk’s office can also give applicants details on civil cases. Because this office keeps the repository of court dockets, they have information on all cases heard by the local tribunals and arrests made in conjunction with these matters.
Simply put, it would help to know how much information you need and how you intend to use it before initiating your search for arrest warrants in Nicholas County. The police can provide extensive details on criminal matters and supplemental information such as the most wanted list and crime statistics for the neighborhood. Of course, this additional data will only be offered on request.
Similarly, the magistrate court can provide details on a summons and bench warrants and information on outstanding warrants and arrest records. These agencies work out of the addresses given below, and you will need to pay a small fee to get the search done.
- The office of the sheriff: 700 Main Street Suite 3, Summersville, West Virginia 26651
- The court of the magistrate: 700 Main St, Summersville, WV 26651
- The department of the county clerk: 700 Main Street, Suite 2, Summersville, West Virginia 26651
Who should you be calling for details about Nicholas County warrants and recent arrests? (Updated in 2021)
- To ask about Nicholas County arrests- 304-765-7904.
- To get answers to general questions- 304-872-7814.
- To ask about arrest warrants- 304-872-7829.
- To get information about victim services- 304- 872-7870.
- To obtain police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records- 304-872-7880.
- To request a case search- 304-872-7810.
Crime statistics of Nicholas County
In comparison to the 243 crime reports of 2018, the Nicholas Sheriff’s Department received 133 criminal complaints in 2019. There were 13 crimes against property and 120 offenses against people in this annual total.
Larceny thefts were responsible for the 13 complaints filed in the property crimes category. The violent offenses category included 116 aggravated assaults and 4 rapes.
Earlier crime rates
In the seven years that ended in 2008, there were 2600 reported crime cases in Nicholas County, West Virginia. This puts the annual crime total at about 360 incidents. Of these instances, only about 8% were violent crimes, while the figure’s remainder was made up of property crimes.