A Mineral County arrest warrant search is typically launched to find pending orders for arrests in the name of a person. However, the response to such an inquiry will include details on outstanding warrants from WV and detention directives that have already been executed, and arrest records that go with these orders.
In other words, you can expect a complete criminal background profile when you launch such a search. It would help to know here that once an arrest is effected under an active warrant, release can only be secured by going through a bail hearing unless the order in question was issued in a misdemeanor case.
These arrest warrants have the bail amount mentioned on them, so there is no need to go to court for offenders of such crimes. When the act in question is felonious, the magistrate will not mention the warrant’s release conditions. The court is under no obligation to release the perpetrator even on bail. A lot will depend on the previous criminal records of the accused at this stage.
If this person has a history of not obeying legal orders or poses a threat to the victim or the society, bail will not be granted. When you initiate a search for outstanding warrants from Mineral County, you will be given information on arrest records, details about the facility where the accused is being held after sentencing, verdict, and more. To find this data, you should approach:
- The office of the sheriff: 150 Armstrong St, Keyser, West Virginia 26726
- The court of the magistrate: Given above
- The department of the county clerk: Given above
Over the phone, how do you acquire information on Mineral County warrants and arrests? (This page was last updated in 2021.)
- Call the dispatch phone line at 304-788-0441 for non-emergency complaints and general information.
- Contact the Magistrate’s Court at 304-788-2625 for a warrants search.
- Connect with the Potomac Highlands Regional Jail at 304-496-1275 to learn about recent arrests.
- Connect with the Victim’s Advocate at 304- 788-0300 to reach Victim/Witness Services.
- Call the Clerk of Circuit Court at 304-788-1562 to get a criminal conviction and judicial records.
Crime statistics of Mineral County
The annual crime average of Mineral County increased by 13% in 2019, standing at 42 incidents. Violent crimes led to the filing of 2 cases, both of which involved assault. Of the complaints filed against property crimes, 32 were against larceny-theft, while burglaries accounted for 8 complaints.
Earlier crime rates
In the eight years between 2001 and 2008, approximately 700 criminal acts were committed in Mineral County, West Virginia. So every year through this interval, less than 100 criminal complaints were lodged with the police. Only about 14 of these were complaints made to report violent crimes.